Established 2005 Registered Charity No. 1110656

Scottish Charity Register No. SC043760

current issue

February – March 2024 : The little things READ ONLINE

RECENT TWEETS

Teenagers leave homeless man blind

May 21 2009
Paul Vickers is filmed being struck repeatedly over the head and body with a wheel brace Four teenagers were convicted last month for causing life-threatening injuries to a defenceless man who was sleeping in a bus shelter near Chichester, Sussex. Paul Vickers, 40, was left blind in one eye and with slurred speech after the group of four struck him repeatedly over the head and body with a wheel brace in July last year. The jury at Lewes Crown Court was shown a 25-second video of the savage attack, filmed by the offenders themselves on a mobile phone. Police said the victim would never fully recover and that the recording of the attack was a "particularly sickening" aspect of the act. Detective inspector Nigel Brown, who led the investigation, said: "This horrific and callous act was apparently committed for no other reason than to satisfy the offenders' need for violence, and for their own sadistic pleasure." Mr Vickers is still recovering at Donald Wilson House, a neurological rehabilitation centre for adults, while the teenagers face sentencing at the Old Bailey at a date to be fixed in the following weeks.
BACK ISSUES