Established 2005 Registered Charity No. 1110656

Scottish Charity Register No. SC043760

current issue

Jul-Aug 2020 : HOPE READ ONLINE

RECENT TWEETS

Man burnt in a bag

May 24 2009
One-way system delays fire engine trying to reach man in blazing sleeping bag The Pavement now has more details on a homeless man who started the year covered in burns after his sleeping bag caught fire (reported in the last issue). The unnamed victim, thought to be local and his 30s, had made his home in the bushes of a former Kwiksave car park in Colne, Lancashire, and was sleeping at the time of the fire. Despite being housed practically next door, the fire engine was forced to travel round a one-way system and through the town centre before reaching the blaze on 28th December 2008. The man was taken by ambulance to Airedale Hospital, where it is understood he was treated for burnt hands and back.
BACK ISSUES